At Sterling, we create brands that make people think, feel and engage. Brands for today. We’ve done it for super heroes and super causes, organic farmers and information miners, bricks and mortar and digital destinations, cosmetics, condoms, and cornflakes – the tried and true and the disruptive trailblazer.
Our obsessively human-centric approach links every inspiration back to the consumer: their lives and passions, their habits and habitats. The result; is beautiful, inclusive, and effective solutions that make brands come alive and thrive.
Our focus is on consumer brands and their identity expressions on-pack, in-store, and online. We love creating the worlds brands live in and inspiring people to be part of them.
Sterling has an amazing culture of appreciation and celebrating team successes.
About the Role:
This spring, you could have the opportunity to experience a fast-paced creative agency environment and gain exposure to a range of industries and high-profile consumer brands.
The Marketing Intern will significantly contribute to the future knowledge and skill set of the Marketing & Business Development team.
Successful candidates will have a desire to begin a career in the Marketing or Business Development field, with a specific emphasis in package design and branding. This individual should be a high-performing achiever, with demonstrated leadership in extra-curricular
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate and manage marketing calendar and meetings facilitation
- Coordinate the creation of marketing assets for various initiatives
- Trend reviews and category audits
- Tracking and managing award submissions including copy creation and editing, client approvals, internal asset creation, and timelines for submission
- Manage and oversee business social media account, under supervision to ensure timely posting across all mediums
- Writing and proofreading content
- Contributing ideas for content to be used
- Contribute to the development of new business proposals
- Understand the disciplines within branding and how we work with each other and clients
- Build relationships internally across disciplines and specialties
- Enrolled in at least a four-year college degree program with a focus in Business, International Business, or Marketing
- Completed one (1) year; looking for college sophomores, juniors, seniors, recent graduates
- Positive thinking and problem-solving skills
- A desire to learn or build on understanding of basic branding and marketing principles
- Ability to work with a team and independently; able to think on one’s feet.
- Microsoft office and keynote proficiency
- Adobe Creative Suite (a plus)
- Good time management and task tracking skills
Base: $16/hr - $20/hr
This represents the low and high end of the base salary an individual in this role may earn as an intern of Sterling Brands in the United States. Compensation may vary based on factors including but not limited to: professional and academic experience; training; associated responsibilities; other business and organizational needs; and geographic location (to account for comparative cost of living). Salary decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each hire.
We are a brand design consultancy based in NYC, San Francisco, and Cincinnati. For over 25 years, our design, strategy, and innovation teams have been working to bring brands to life across the entire ecosystem of experiences.