Principal Software Engineer, Nigeria
Recruitment agencies: we are fully resourced and do not need additional support at this time
SoLo Funds is on a mission to help the millions of Nigerians that live paycheck to paycheck and can’t survive a money crunch. Launched in the US in 2018 as a unique and proprietary lending marketplace, today SoLo is USA’s leading alternative financial solution providing the fastest loans available for borrowers and the opportunity for lenders to earn significant returns. We are a VC funded (Series B) Fintech company backed by Techstars, and Acme Capital alongside partnerships with Visa and Kiva.
As a Principal Software Engineer you will play a pivotal role in building and maintaining our services that operate in Nigeria. We’re looking for someone who is a solid team player, a fast learner, and is enthusiastic about our mission. You will collaborate on our Nigeria products with engineering, product management, customer support, and recovery, building cross-functional relationships across the company, and delivering highly available and completely accurate financial services to our members.
What You'll Do
- Lead other engineers by example, producing high quality, accurate code quickly and efficiently
- Guide Nigeria-focused engineering and product initiatives
- Collaborate with other engineers, product managers, customer support, and finance departments to grow our Nigeria products sustainably
- 5+ years of experience in hands-on software development in Golang, Java, or similar strongly-typed backend language
- Extensive experience executing large-scale projects, communicating with nontechnical stakeholders, and comprehensive testing plans
- Extensive experience building robust APIs that are consumed by native apps
- Experience with Clean Architecture and finite state machines
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
You're an All Star Fit if You've Got:
- Prior experience building payment or money movement platforms in Nigeria
- Prior experience evaluating third-party services providers
- Technical or business leadership experience (even if it wasn’t your title)
The salary for Nigeria-based candidates will be determined throughout the interview process depending on experience and skills. Qualified candidates should anticipate a base salary (not including bonus, equity or other benefits) of at least $5,000-6,000 USD per month.
About SoLo Funds
Launched in 2018 as a unique and proprietary lending marketplace, today SoLo is USA's leading alternative financial solution providing the fastest loan option to borrowers and option for lenders to obtain significant value. We're on a mission to provide the most intelligent (affordable + financially empowering) option for funds and banking services by leveraging the best technologies in the world.