Staff Software Engineer
Recruitment agencies: we are fully resourced and do not need additional support at this time
SoLo Funds is on a mission to help the millions of Americans that live paycheck to paycheck and can’t survive a money crunch. Launched in 2018 as a unique and proprietary lending marketplace, today SoLo is the leading alternative financial solution providing the fastest loans available for borrowers and the opportunity for lenders to earn significant returns. We are a VC funded (Series B) Fintech company backed by Techstars, and Acme Capital alongside partnerships with Visa and Kiva.
As a Staff Software Engineer you will play a pivotal role in building and maintaining our member accounting and payments platform. We’re looking for someone who is a player-coach, who thrives in ambiguity, and is enthusiastic about our mission. You will lead large technology projects, mentor engineers on your team, build cross-functional relationships across the company, and deliver highly available, completely accurate, financial services to our members.
What You'll Do
Design and deliver modern, scalable member accounting and money movement technology solutions
Coach a team of engineers, providing guidance and feedback on their work product and career development
Collaborate with other engineers, product managers, customer support, and finance departments to grow the member accounting platform sustainably
You're a Great Fit if You've Got:
- Recent Fintech/Payment systems experience, preferably for consumers
- 5+ years of experience in hands-on software development in Golang, Java, or similar
- Ability to work core hours of 9am-2pm PT (UTC-8:00/-7:00)
- Extensive experience designing and maintaining relational databases at scale
- Extensive experience with unit, integration, and end-to-end testing
- Platform or DevEx experience (designing for other developers)
- Experience with Clean Architecture
You're an All Star Fit if You've Got:
- Prior experience building payment or money movement platforms
- Prior experience with finite state machines
- Technical leadership or architecture experience (even if it wasn’t your title)
About SoLo Funds
Launched in 2018 as a unique and proprietary lending marketplace, today SoLo is the leading alternative financial solution providing the fastest loan option to borrowers and option for lenders to obtain significant value. We're on a mission to provide the most intelligent (affordable + financially empowering) option for funds and banking services by leveraging the best technologies in the world.
- Remote Workplace
- Unlimited Vacation Time
- Full Healthcare Benefits
- 401K Offered
This is a US-based position, but we welcome applicants in complimentary time zone locations like Mexico and LatAm, Canada, etc.