Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Physna is changing the way software interacts with the physical world. Our industry-leading geometric deep learning technology bridges the gap between physical objects and digital code. Physna is proud to partner with the United States Air Force to reduce risk in supply chain, manage obsolescence, reverse engineering, and identify alternative, more effective sources of supply.
Thangs.com is a consumer product of Physna and the world’s first geometric search engine, 3D-native revision control tool, and 3D social platform home to 16+ million models! Thangs gives creators access to powerful search, collaboration and AI-powered predictive tools that have never been available before in the world of 3D data. Free to join and easy to use, Thangs democratizes the world of 3D models and creates a global index of the physical world.
Physna is a Series B startup backed by Sequoia Capital, Tiger Global, Google Ventures, and Drive Capital. We are working on novel problems in a world experiencing rapid 3D adoption.
What You’ll Do
Through recent partnerships, Physna is building an enterprise platform to streamline efficiencies in supply chains for the United States Air Force. You will be supporting the Physna Enterprise platform as we continually build out features for our growing supplier and vendor network in government and private sectors.
As a Machine Learning Engineer at Physna, you will help bring new capabilities to market that allows users to work more effectively with 3D data. The products and innovations you build will help our users by providing intelligent insights into their 3D data inventory. In this role, you will collaborate with our engineering and product teams to research, design, deploy, scale and test machine learning systems.
- Design custom neural network architectures, to train and recognize 3D geometry from 3D and 2D input data
- Measure and test ML system accuracy and efficacy and automate machine learning parameter tuning
- Deploy large-scale ML systems in the cloud
- Experience with image labeling and tagging of data and models (3D labeling is a plus)
- Experience with computer vision image recognition
- Develop pipelines for processing 3D, 2D and meta-data for ML training
- Work closely with cross-functional teammates, including product managers, engineers, and leadership, to deliver the highest impact
What We’ll Expect from You
- 5+ years industry experience in software engineering or machine learning-focused roles
- Bachelor’s degree in CE, CSE, Mathematics or related field
- A strong track record of performing machine learning model development using Python (numpy, tensorflow, pytorch, scikit-learn, etc.) and SQL/NoSQL interaction patterns
- Familiarity with data warehouse technologies such as GCP BigQuery or AWS Redshift
- Familiarity with Linux/OS X command line, version control software (git), and general software development principles with a machine learning software development life-cycle orientation
- Knowledge of modern techniques in machine learning and deep learning, e.g., transformer network architectures, with an orientation to maximizing such algorithms in a large scale production setting.
- Machine learning strategic sequencing of methodological and software improvements to work back from maximizing core metrics associated with optimizing the business
- Ability to lead and execute projects from idea to deployment
- The ability to clearly communicate complex results to technical and non-technical audiences
Nice to Have
- Working knowledge of Google Cloud services and design practices
- Working knowledge with APIs, data processing pipelines and distributed systems
- Experience working with 3D data and 3D design software such as Autodesk, SolidWorks, Maya or Blender
Why You’ll Like Working for Us
We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We cover health, dental and vision insurance premiums at 100% for the family. We also make a meaningful contribution into employee's Health Savings Account (HSA). We believe in competitive and fair compensation, offer a 401k, provide a generous holiday and PTO schedule, monthly WFH stipend, monthly well-being budget, unlimited virtual Mental Health therapy, as well as financial assistance for Alternative Medicine, Financial Wellness, Legal Services, Tax Support, and Caregiver Support.
We care about our culture. We believe in diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging. We believe in treating each other with kindness and respect. We are a culture of innovation, transparency, accountability, failing fast and learning quickly.
Something looks off?