- Preference given to candidates in Cincinnati 3 days per week
- Remote optional
Having just surpassed our 100th client, Medality is seeking our first full-time Finance Manager to own accounting, budgeting, financial planning and analysis for our team. This person will collaborate with the executive team to drive rapid growth across all areas of the business, including developing new products, scaling marketing & sales and entering new markets.
This role is a fit for anyone with experience in both accounting and financial planning & analysis in a high-growth, software startup environment. If you love strategic planning, financial analysis, accounting and working in a team-environment to achieve ambitious goals, this role is for you. This is a role with the ability to make a huge impact, and has room for continued growth. We are a small, but mighty team with the shared goal of creating better outcomes across the healthcare industry. We’ve seen exponential growth over the past 18 months, and cannot wait to grow with you!
Strategic Planning & Budgeting
- Manage annual budget process
- Own the operating model, long-term financial plans
- Collaborate with executive team to develop pro formas, evaluate strategic investments and actively manage department level budgets
- Analyze financial data to identify trends, opportunities, and areas for improvement
Financial Management & Reporting
- Manage day-to-day accounting operations, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, and payroll
- Monitor and maintain accurate financial records, ensuring compliance with relevant accounting standards and regulations
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and reports for internal and external stakeholders
Capital strategy & cash management
- Preparing financial models for potential investors and funding round
- Assist in due diligence processes by providing requested financial information, supporting data analysis, and ensuring compliance with investor requirements
- Monitor cash flow and working capital requirements to optimize the allocation of resources
Skills & Qualifications
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field; CPA certification preferred.
- Proven experience, 5+ years, in accounting with a track record of progressively increasing responsibility
- Experience in SaaS accounting, software a plus
- Excellent excel, financial modeling and problem solving skills
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles
- Proficiency in accounting software and ERP systems (e.g., QuickBooks, NetSuite).
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level
Benefits & Perks
- Full Health and Dental
- 401k Match
- Short-term disability
- Opportunity to be part of a fast-growing software company with hundreds of customers and thousands of users worldwide.
What makes someone a great fit at Medality?
- Kind, patient, positive, empathetic and adaptable to an ever-changing environment
- A go-getter and eager to take on customer challenges
- Strategic problem solver
- Strong sense of accountability
- Willing to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Self-motivated, a gifted self-manager, and have the mindset that no job is too small
- An entrepreneurial spirit who looks for new ways to contribute!
To apply for this position please send resume along with answers to the following:
- Briefly share how your past experience makes you a great fit for this role
- Briefly describe what about this role or company caught your attention.