Localization Manager (temporary position)
As Localization Manager, you will lead our localization program. Through your expertise, you will help our teams make sure they have localization at the top of their minds when developing our products. You will cooperate closely with multiple stakeholders and teams, such as content writers, designers, developers, product managers, and others throughout the organization. You will also be the main point of contact for our translation vendor while managing projects for our existing markets and market expansions around the globe.
All activities should align the overall corporate objectives and goals that drive the entire organization, according to a well-formed localization strategy.
This role requires an understanding of globalization and localization, technology system landscapes, project management processes and agile delivery methodologies. You must have experience delivering top quality projects on time and within budget, while managing interdependencies and ongoing updates.
To succeed, you know exactly how to clearly state the importance of localization to your diverse audience that ranges from executive management to team managers and members in other areas of our organization.
- Maintain and further develop the Global Localization Strategy that includes focus on tools, processes, and best practices
- Own the end-to-end Localization Program, ensuring smooth and scalable work relations with all stakeholders within the program
- Own and nurture the relationship with partners, vendors, and Languages Service Providers
- Present regular reports to peers on progress and forecast of project team’s work status, escalating issues and evaluating needed support
- Oversee the process of collecting, monitoring, and reporting on localization metrics
- Own localization data and analytics, and employ data to help drive strategic business decisions
- 5+ years of experience in localization and translation management
- Experience driving multilingual localization programs through cross-functional partnership
- Excellent problem-solving skills, ability to prioritize tasks, data-savvy and proactive attitude
- A proven track record of building systems and processes to support a robust localization program
- Experience making data and insights accessible to a non-expert audience
- Experience with localization technologies – Translation Management Systems (TMS), CAT tools and machine translation
- Vendor management experience
There are over 537 million people in the world with diabetes.
Glooko, a connected care platform for diabetes, helps patients and their care team more efficiently manage their condition between appointments. The digital health platform seamlessly unifies data from many of the leading diabetes and health monitoring devices to deliver insights that improve personal and clinical decision support. The free Glooko® Mobile and Web App enables patients to easily track and proactively manage all aspects of their diabetes care.
At Glooko, our proven technologies for diabetes and related chronic conditions make lives better by revolutionizing the connection between patients and providers, driving patient engagement and adherence via digital therapeutics, and accelerating the speed of clinical trials.
Launched in 2010, Glooko is funded and managed by visionary technologists and leaders in healthcare. Glooko is globally deployed in over 30 countries and 8,000+ clinical locations