Release Train Engineer
Are you looking to join an organization that is helping to shape the future of healthcare? Have you managed projects in a traditional way but are looking to work in a more Agile environment? Come help us at Glooko build the future of digital therapeutics/companions and clinical research web & mobile applications! We are looking for a highly motivated, driven, and passionate Release Train Engineer (RTE) to join our PMO team! We want highly skilled applicants who understand and can balance the speed of developing web/mobile solutions in a regulated development environment.
- RTEs are accountable for relentless train improvement, improving flow, and ensuring transparency about the ART’s delivery, risks, and accomplishments
- The RTE drives training processes and ensures teams have everything they need to successfully build the product and help coach the ART in Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Strong technical aptitude and experience leading teams in delivering quality software
- Excellent communication (written, oral, presentations)
- Be a systems thinker
- Able to lead without “authority” and bring in a servant leadership
- Proactive, problem-solving approach – someone who offers solutions, not problems for others to solve
- Comfortable jumping in as needed to support the Train as needed
- Effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills/collaborative style and the ability to establish strong working relationships and influence peers and stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate large PI planning and solutions sessions
- Experience driving release management activities and release coordination across ARTs, between functional teams and departments, and with regulatory bodies and departments
- Understanding of Agile at scale philosophies & methodologies. Experience working in an Agile organization using Scrum, XP, Kanban, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), or other scaling models
- Synthesize data from multiple sources and uses that information to develop insights on the train’s status
- Willing to try new things, check and see if they worked, and then change and adapt
- Experience using Agile best practices, i.e., burn-down charts, different retrospective formats, defect management, user stories, ATDD, TDD, BDD, CI/CD, automated testing, etc.
- Five years of experience as a Release Train Engineer
- Five years of experience working in organizations specializing in mobile applications and web products
- 7+ years of experience in a software development and implementation role
- Experience with consumer-facing products and/or building platforms
- Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, and have high regard for quality
- Emotional intelligence and excellent communication skills
- Ability to identify risks and issues and escalate appropriately
- Experience with project management tools
- Certified in Scaled Agile (SAFe), Disciplined Agile, or Scrum
- Experience with ISO 13485 and IEC 62304 is a plus
- Experience working in Health Care, Digital Health, Digital Therapeutics, Clinical Research, or Medical Devices is a plus
In case you're wondering, Glooko offers...
- 401(k) matching program
- Annual performance bonus
- Flexible working hours
- Annual reimbursement on wellness expenses (gym memberships, running shoes, yoga classes, etc.)
There are over 537 million people in the world with diabetes.
Glooko, a connected care platform for diabetes, helps patients and their care team more efficiently manage their condition between appointments. The digital health platform seamlessly unifies data from many of the leading diabetes and health monitoring devices to deliver insights that improve personal and clinical decision support. The free Glooko® Mobile and Web App enables patients to easily track and proactively manage all aspects of their diabetes care.
At Glooko, our proven technologies for diabetes and related chronic conditions make lives better by revolutionizing the connection between patients and providers, driving patient engagement and adherence via digital therapeutics, and accelerating the speed of clinical trials.
Launched in 2010, Glooko is funded and managed by visionary technologists and leaders in healthcare. Glooko is globally deployed in over 30 countries and 8,000+ clinical locations.