Quality Assurance Engineer
Cincinnati, OH, USA
Posted on Monday, July 17, 2023
Who We AreAt FRAYT, we've built a fantastic culture both internally and externally. Our Core Values are Customer obsessed, Crave Innovation, Quality Driven, Transparent, Built on integrity, Collaborative & Intentional, and A team of Owners. Our Vision is to become the #1 customer-centric delivery platform.FRAYT is a maturing startup with a digital platform that connects shippers directly to a driver network ("Uber" for delivery). We provide on-demand, last-mile delivery services, same-day, routes, hot-shots, LTL, middle-mile, and more. We are a true tech company serving the transportation industry and are focused on scaling our market presence and expanding our core products. We are on a Mission to make our customers' lives easier by simplifying their shipping needs. Summary (Our Future Quality Assurance Pro)We are looking for an experienced Quality Assurance Engineer to join the team. Reporting to the Director of Engineering, this role will work alongside our product teams of Elixir-focused developers on various projects. This role includes testing our frontends, backend, and administrative utilities. Must be experienced with testing enterprise level software. At least some familiarity with Elixir, Phoenix, React, and React Native is preferred. This role is preferred to be located in greater Cincinnati, OH. Responsibilities (How you will contribute):
- Work with product management and the development team to define and identify requirements, anticipate risks, and plan quality coverage for upcoming and existing releases.
- Create testing tools as well as investigate and design proposals alongside engineers for automated testing processes.
- Test and track development deliverables to ensure quality and functionality
- Report and track for data quality and use that data to drive conversations around product quality and development health.
- Experience in remote team collaboration identifying and balancing overall priorities based on value between customer, internal, and technical requests.
- Familiarity with Elixir, or alternatively comparable languages (Ruby, etc), and familiarity with database technology such as PostgreSQL.
- Strong project management and quality testing skills.
- Skilled with verbal communication, problem solving, and attention to detail. Fluent in English.
- Degree in Computer Science, bootcamp certification, or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Experience working with Elixir and React
- Experience working with marketplace apps
- Experience working with a logistics technology company
- Health benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- 401K Plan
- Competitive Base salary
- Employee Stock Options
- Hybrid, remote-first working model with bi-weekly team meetings
- Generous PTO
- Company Holidays (9/ year)
- Parental Leave
- Phone allowance
- We have a decentralized culture promoting individual and team ownership to solve problems, recognize trends, and collaborate across departments with as little management involvement as required.
- We promote transparency sharing monthly financials, progress, new opportunities, problems or challenges, and goal tracking.
- We'll have your back when you need help - your colleagues want to see you succeed and work hard to help you do so.
- We work hard and deliver amazing results to our customers - when you see our loyal customer base, you'll be proud to be at FRAYT.