Senior Software Engineer 1 - Perl
Posted on Wednesday, October 11, 2023
Flowspace is a software platform powering fulfillment for brands in ecommerce. Its OmniFlow software provides brand operators with the real-time visibility into inventory, orders, and fulfillment activity needed to control ecommerce operations across all channels. Integrated within a network of +130 fulfillment locations, Flowspace empowers hundreds of brands in DTC and retail to provide their customers with quick, seamless fulfillment and delivery.
Join us as we help brands in the $1T ecommerce market meet their customers’ post-purchase expectations in the real world. Flowspace is backed by Canvas Ventures, Moment Ventures, BuildGroup, Y Combinator, and other prominent angels.
A senior software engineer at this level has the ability to handle both daily coding projects, and also successfully lead teams/projects, under the mentorship of our Engineer Manager. This is a rock solid team member who requires very little oversight, completing projects in full as well as handling well tested coding.
This role will be a point person on a technical area or product, partners with level II engineers for technical direction and best practices, and understands and executes on the vision of the company, cultivating technical and professional growth.
What You'll Do:
- Write and ship code daily. Works closely with the entire team to ensure our customers and internal team have the functionality they need to get the job done.
- The Software Engineer owns what they build, gets creative with solutions, writes tests, and contributes directly to our core product.
- Takes ownership of their work.
- Reimagines how an industry works. Flowspace is creating clean, beautiful software in a market dominated by outdated enterprise solutions.
- Maintains existing software code to meet the same standards/criteria as new code
- Alpha testing new code
- Documents newly implemented features and bug fixes
- Assist with and/or performing upgrades, training, and implementation
- Go-to expert in an area of the codebase, and understands the broad architecture of the entire platform.
- Provides technical guidance and direction to other teams and the company at large.
- Introduces new technologies to the platform when mature, needed, and appropriate.
- Regularly delivers software on time, makes accurate estimates of complexity and time, and delivers on those estimates.
- Breaks work down into actionable milestones, known for drama-free rollouts.
- Sets the technical direction, performance considerations, and testing of a project.
- Thinks through all considerations and uses, never releases code that doesn't accomplish what was originally intended.
- Makes others on the team better engineers. Respected as a technical leader and as a mentor with the development team and to the company at large. Respected as a technical leader to other departments.
- Dependable, puts in the work and carries the load, picks things up when the team falters.
Who We're Looking For:
- 7+ years of software development experience
- Can write code, collect and manage feedback from teammates and product managers, implement APIs, and internally prioritize your workload.
- Knowledgeable in CS fundamentals. Strong architecture skills and an eye for aesthetics.
- Proven ability to lead junior and mid level engineers
- Proven technical judgment in at least one area of the application
- Professional experience with Go and Rails, ability to work in multiple languages routinely
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field of study
- Experience modernizing code maintaining working functionality
Other Helpful Things To Know:
- Must work US hours
- Occasional support duties require working until 8pm Eastern/5pm Pacific
Join our team!
• Meaningful equity in a venture backed start-up. Everyone gets stock options!
• Competitive Salary
• Medical, vision, dental, and life insurance
• Flexible time off, plus a separate banks for sick time
• Paid parental leave
• Mental Health / Wellness benefits + discounts for certain programs
• Work From Home stipend, towards your home office
• 401K with matching
• A clear success path within the company. We want you to grow and lead with us!
At Flowspace, we know that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be, and we strive to hire and retain talent that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skill sets.
We are committed to equal opportunity employment and we take pride in encouraging diversity, equity, and inclusion across all of our teams, without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and religious grooming practices), sex, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, medical condition (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital, parental or registered domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, transgender status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Please note: We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless otherwise directed or approved by our HR, Recruiting Department. Please do not forward resumes to our hiring managers or offices. Flowspace is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications, that have not first been approved.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.