Venture Advisor ( AI for Financial Analysis)
Software Engineering, Accounting & Finance, Data Science
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2023
Who We Are:
AI is the new electricity: Just as electricity transformed numerous industries starting 100 years ago, AI is now poised to do the same. AI Fund is an early-stage venture firm founded by Dr. Andrew Ng in 2017. Our portfolio companies utilize AI technology and applications to improve processes and efficiency. The AI Fund team combines their experiences as AI pioneers, entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, investors, and operators. We are backed by a $176 million-dollar fund from top-tier VC firms. Together, let’s build great companies that will move humanity forward.
Why Partner With AI Fund:
We’ve been there. We’ve founded and scaled successful companies ourselves, and we know that creating meaningful startups is really hard. Many entrepreneurs toil with ideas for years. Many spend time building something without the foresight of limiting factors that could have been easily dismissed upfront. Accomplished execs often teeter between a desire to start a company and creating something great versus taking a job that is less fulfilling. If only someone could help with taking the risk out of turning an idea into reality and accelerate the company building process, more people would be inspired to start a company. Coming up with great ideas, sussing them out, assembling great teams, and helping raise capital is what we do. We shorten a process that can take years down to months. We make sure you are going after the right market, are fully validated, and are surrounded by great teammates. Lastly, we make sure you see the world through the lens of a data scientist and machine learning expert, which is the perspective any meaningful company in the future must have. But we also know that the process is not about us. It’s about great Founders and empowering them to do great things.
What We Seek:
We are looking for passionate entrepreneurs with first-hand knowledge of the problem they have encountered or entrepreneurs that might match to a problem or idea we already have. It’s not a mandate, but ideally, we want people with experience solving business problems and have a keen eye for anticipating business risks. You may have been a product manager running a product or product line before. You may have been an engineer who has been on the front lines of helping shape a company. You may have been a management consultant who has experience in a particular vertical. Or perhaps you are a proven entrepreneur who recognizes that the difference between success and failure is razor-thin, and you want every advantage you can get. Lastly, we want people who are leaders. We desire people who can hire great people, get others excited about their vision, raise capital, and make it all happen.
About the PC:
Financial Analyst CoPilot is an AI copilot designed specifically for financial analyst workflows at major institutions (investment banks, asset managers, hedge funds, and more). Our vision is to combine cutting-edge LLM capabilities with a plethora of real-time data sources to give finance professionals 25%+ of their time back per week - more time closing, less time updating slides.
What You Will Be Doing:
- The VA will work with the FIR/CEO, AI Fund and SALT Fund Leadership Teams to launch and scale new businesses from the ground up. If you're obsessed with startups and building exceptional products this role is for you.
- Work alongside our staff to iteratively research and validate on a problem to solve that can benefit from AI/ML. This includes idea validation, product validation, market validation, and funding validation.
- Help set the vision and the strategy of the portfolio company once the idea has been tested and determined product market fit.
- If all makes sense, we capitalize the company to help stand the company up, bring in the best talent, build the product, and get pilot customers
What You Must Bring:
- Proven leadership experience building and selling enterprise products to large customers in financial, media, and telecommunications companies
- Prior experience at a major financial institution or hedge fund in its investment banking, asset management, research, trading, or similar department
- Prior startup founder or experience working at an early stage hi-tech company
- Integral part of building technology companies from 0 to 1
- Strategic thinking
- Self-starter who will thrive in an ambiguous startup environment
- Competitive, entrepreneurial mindset
- Demonstrated experience building products and leading teams
- Demonstrated track record of success
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Ability to recruit great team members
- Demonstrated ability to fundraise
Nice to Haves:
- VP/Associate/Analyst experience at a major financial institution strongly preferred
- Retail or institutional trading experience
- Ability to attract talent and build strong teams
- Advanced degree or equivalent practical experience
- Accountability: an obligation or willingness to accept responsibility or to account for one's actions while doing so with the highest regard for integrity.
- Leadership: able to influence others to follow you and lead the team to a brighter future.
- Grit. able to stick with projects and work hard through good and bad times. High pain tolerance and can perform well under stress or pressure.
- Scrappy: Takes initiative and proactively gets things done with low resources, but doing creative things, begging, borrowing, and whatever is needed in an ambiguous environment or situation.
- Ownership orientation: Demonstrated orientation of extreme ownership over all aspects of the company and extremely results-driven in nature.