Growth Lead, Product - Founding Team at Kula (backed by Andrew Ng's AI Fund)
Software Engineering, Product, Sales & Business Development, Data Science
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2023
Kula is addressing a universal human need that Silicon Valley companies are not yet meeting– the need to feel connected & accepted within a community based on shared values. Kula's goal is to leverage advances in ML, along with sophisticated UX design, to develop, sustain, and enhance real-life wellness communities. Kula recently raised a pre-seed round led by Andrew Ng’s AI Fund and is now looking to add a Product Growth Lead to their founding team. The Growth Lead will play a crucial role in leading high-growth product initiatives including conducting customer research and user engagement, developing product strategy, and building and managing the product roadmap. This is a remote role with a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Kula is supported by the AI Fund based in Palo Alto, California. AI Fund is a team of diligent innovators who build great companies that move humanity forward by accelerating the adoption of AI. Dr. Andrew Ng founded AI Fund as a startup studio focused on resolving problems to move the world forward. AI Fund builds new AI companies to bridge AI technology and critical applications. Just as electricity transformed numerous industries, AI and AI Fund are poised to do the same.
Here is what you will do:
- Own and lead all experimentation to improve user experience across all phases of a person’s journey with Kula, from acquisition to their first magic moment, to bringing new people onto the platform.
- Take over and own our experimentation framework & roadmap.
- Work with all members of the leadership team to: Gather input and formulate hypotheses, estimate the impact of potential experiments, determine the level of effort and systems impact of experiments, and develop testing and measurement strategy.
- Research approaches that are taken by other companies within and outside our sector to formulate additional hypotheses.
- Lead the leadership team through the process of prioritizing our experimentation roadmap.
- Develop consensus.
- Lead the process of implementation, measurement, and hypothesis testing.
- Run experiments independently when possible.
- Develop a plan for expanding the growth team.
- Push the edges of your comfort zone in order to grow. You will experience a personal power that few people ever know.
- Top of the funnel and brand marketing efforts when that becomes appropriate for the product.
- Bring a unique perspective to the leadership team and craft an informed position as we make strategic decisions.
- Special projects in partnership with the rest of the leadership team, as needed.
- Play a key role in developing Kula’s culture and traditions.
Required experience and qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years experience at a scaled consumer-facing network.
- Product management experience with high-quality mobile UI/ UX.
- Deep empathy for real people, especially people who are making an effort to grow.
- A marketing mindset, with some experience in various consumer marketing channels.
- Experience conducting user interviews and synthesizing insights.
- Meaningful data analysis experience.
- Previous startup or other small/scrappy team experience.
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle, including analyzing app performance to refine features and drive adoption.
- Strong communication skills. You should feel comfortable having in-depth technical discussions and being able to articulate concepts, and issues, and recommend solutions.
- Thoughtful and observant about the intricacies of human connection. Be able to spot and articulate awkwardness and points of micro-friction in real-world social interactions.
- Be a well-rounded individual with interests outside of tech.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience building a growth team at a scaled consumer network.
- A personal yoga/meditation practice, with friends in the community a plus.
At Kula, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees are critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Selection for employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.