Posted on Monday, May 15, 2023
We believe that AI is the new electricity and will transform and improve nearly all areas of human lives. Our mission is to grow and connect the global AI community.
DeepLearning.AI is looking for a Frontend Engineer with strong computer science fundamentals with a passion for improving learners' experiences. The ideal candidate will thrive in an early development stage of a leading educational environment focusing on AI-related topics.
As a Frontend Engineer you will be responsible for building and delivering high-quality experiences for the technical content deeplearning.ai is providing. Our team is growing fast, and we are looking for a strong engineer to develop our educational products. In this role, you will work alongside a team of talented content creators as well as our outside partners, to build various layers of the infrastructure of world-renowned AI-driven education.
This is a full-time position based in Taipei.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Develop a learner-centered platform to deliver the best learning experience for deeplearning.ai learners.
- Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness and scalability of the developed application.
- Develop UI interface and interaction flow of the learner-centered design.
- Design and develop internal tools to help our teams iterate quickly.
- Set up continuous integration and deployment pipeline.
- Maintain a high-quality code base and write clear documentation.
- Evaluate usability and visual consistency of existing designs.
- Tackle complex user interaction problems and build simple, logical, and effective solutions.
- Build monitoring and alarm system.
- Responsible for developing payment processing systems like accepting data, securely storing that info, and making charges to that payment.
Here are the experiences you should have:
- Broad and solid CS foundation knowledge, including data structures & algorithms, OS, computer networks, and databases.
- At least 5+ years of software development experience and experience building end-to-end projects.
- Prior experience with UI/UX design for Global audiences is a plus.
- Prior experience working in online video streaming or education is a plus.
Here are the skills you should have:
- Bachelor's degree in CS or a related technical field is required.
- Excellent verbal and oral communication skills in English.
- Strong ability to convert ideas to running code.
- Familiarity with React.js or a similar framework.
- Familiarity with Test-Driven Development.
- Knowledge of security concerns and best practices.
The following would also be helpful, but isn't required:
- Experience with the Python ecosystem.
- Familiarity with Google Looker Studio, Metabase, or similar BI software platforms.
By working with us you will:
- Be a part of a world-class technical team working alongside offices in different parts of the world.
- Have the opportunity to consolidate a quickly growing startup.
- Have access to state-of-the-art infrastructure and technology.
- Have a competitive salary (1.5 - 2 million NTD) in a well-funded high-growth company.
We hope you will fit well with our team’s culture:
- Strong work ethic: All of us believe in our work’s ability to change human lives. Consequently, we work not just smart, but also hard.
- Growth mindset: We are eager to teach you new skills and invest in your continual development. But learning is hard work, so this is something we hope you’ll want to do.
- Good team members: We care and watch out for each other. We’re humble individually and go after big goals together.
- Flexibility: You should be flexible in your tasks and do whatever is needed, ranging from lower-level tasks such as coordinating complicated schedules to high-level work such as thinking through corporate strategy.
See more open positions at AI Fund
Something looks off?