Taipei City, Taiwan
Posted on Monday, May 15, 2023
We believe that AI is the new electricity and will transform and improve nearly all areas of human lives. Our mission is to grow and connect the global AI community.
Deeplearning.ai is looking for a DevOps Engineer with strong computer science fundamentals with a passion for improving learners' experiences. The ideal candidate will thrive in an early development stage of a leading educational environment focusing on AI-related topics.
The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining the infrastructure that supports our software development and deployment process. This includes managing and automating our build and deployment pipelines, ensuring the high availability and performance of our systems, and collaborating with development and operations teams to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
This is a full-time position based in Taipei.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Design, implement, and maintain the infrastructure that supports our software development and deployment process.
- Build and maintain automated deployment pipelines for our applications.
- Ensure the availability, performance, and security of our systems.
- Collaborate with development and operations teams to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Monitor system health and proactively identify and address potential issues.
- Automate manual processes to improve efficiency and reduce errors.
- Respond to on-call incidents as part of the software development team.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest DevOps technologies and practices.
Here's what you should have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in DevOps or related field.
- Strong experience with cloud-based infrastructure (AWS preferred) and computer networking.
- Experience with automation and configuration management tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.).
- Experience with containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience with software development workflow management tools (Github Actions, AWS CodePipeline, etc)
Here are the skills you should have:
- Strong scripting skills (Python, Bash, etc.)
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent English communication and collaboration skills.
- Discipline in DevOps and FinOps to ensure efficient scaling of our infrastructure.
The following would also be helpful, but isn't required:
- Experience with hosting Jupyter Notebook or Hub.
By working with us you will:
- Be a part of a world-class technical team working alongside offices in different parts of the world.
- Have the opportunity to consolidate a quickly growing startup.
- Have access to state-of-the-art infrastructure and technology.
- Have a competitive salary (1.5-2.0 million NTD) in a well-funded high-growth company.
We hope you will fit well with our team’s culture:
- Strong work ethic: All of us believe in our work’s ability to change human lives. Consequently, we work not just smart, but also hard.
- Growth mindset: We are eager to teach you new skills and invest in your continual development. But learning is hard work, so this is something we hope you’ll want to do.
- Good team members: We care and watch out for each other. We’re humble individually and go after big goals together.
- Flexibility: You should be flexible in your tasks and do whatever is needed, ranging from lower-level tasks such as coordinating complicated schedules to high-level work such as thinking through corporate strategy