Curriculum Product Manager
Posted on Monday, May 15, 2023
AI is the new electricity. Millions of AI engineers will be required to transform industries with artificial intelligence and we’re building the education products to train them. DeepLearning.AI’s mission is to grow and connect the global AI community. We do that by providing a world-class education to people around the globe so that we can all benefit from an AI-powered future.
DeepLearning.AI is looking for a Curriculum Product Manager to work with our network of world experts in the AI space to create high quality education content. In this role, you will leverage your expertise in learning experience design to help AI experts produce high-quality courses and effective learning experiences. Your experience as an educator, your technical skills in the AI space and your ability to communicate and work well with a team will all be critical for this role. Although we are headquartered in Palo Alto, California, we are open to remote workers as long as they are within 3 time zones of California (PDT / GMT -7).
- Be accountable for co-creating AI/ML courses on Cousera and the DeepLearning.AI platform through partnership with world-class AI experts.
- Be the authority on the course creation process and guide the Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and other content development partners through it.
- Ensure consistently high content quality by holding the bar for technical content that is accurate, engaging and effective, and guide and support the team, including the SME in reaching that bar.
- Develop an independent perspective on the material being taught so that you can flex to assist the SME in fleshing out the topic and/or assist the content development team in creating relevant learning material, if needed.
You will do this by:
- Quickly learning about the course topics from journal articles and other technical material.
- Assessing how the SME’s expertise can best be utilized, and directing the work of other team members to effectively deliver high quality content in a timely manner.
- Reviewing and providing constructive feedback on technical AI content created by the SMEs and others, and determining how it can be converted into a high quality learning experience through improvements to the words, visuals, code, and overall flow of ideas.
- Tracking the creation and external review of all elements of the course, and creating them yourself if need be.
- Working closely with a production and visual design team to record videos, add visual design and deliver high-quality multimedia content to support the curriculum.
- Technical background in math and programming at a level sufficient to follow and successfully complete an online course in machine learning, such as DLAI’s Deep Learning Specialization.
- Knowledge of instructional design best practices as well as experience designing and teaching technical courses.
- Graduate degree in STEM / AI / CS or equivalent industry experience in areas like software development, machine learning or data science.
- Excellent communicator and team player with an ability to author and edit high-quality written content in English.
- Previous experience developing online asynchronous curriculum in the areas of AI, machine learning, data science, robotics or similar.
- Research or industry experience as a data scientist, machine learning engineer or similar.
Our Defining Values:
- We care deeply about our learners : We let our learner's needs guide our actions and decisions, and put our mission ahead of ourselves.
- We are great at what we do: We strive for excellence in all dimensions, especially in the quality of the content we create and people we hire.
- We default to action: We are comfortable acting with limited information and taking ownership of our decisions.
- We ask why: We ask the hard questions, and are open to being in the wrong. We advocate for the best ideas, not our ideas.
- We are honest and authentic: We are transparent as an organization, over-communicate to build trust and share our failures just as we do our successes.
- We do this together: We help each other grow and succeed and have fun at work, even in a remote environment.
What We Offer:
- DeepLearning.AI offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, a monthly education stipend, untracked PTO and much more.
At DeepLearning.AI, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. deeplearning.ai believes that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Selection for employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
You must already have, or be able to obtain, authorization to work in the United States.
See more open positions at AI Fund
Something looks off?