Posted on Thursday, March 23, 2023
Speechlab is an early-stage startup that is seeking to make the world more accessible by building a new platform for automated speech translation. Despite substantial progress with speech and translation technologies, AI-based solutions for speech interpretation are still inelegant and expensive and significantly lag human level performance. Speechlab is addressing these shortcomings through an integrated web service for automated dubbing that retains the context, including timing, speaker voice, and tone of the source audio and video in a new target language. Speechlab's founders have successfully launched and built category defining products in the speech technology sector.
Speechlab is supported by the AI Fund based in Palo Alto, California. Founded by Dr. Andrew Ng, AI Fund is a startup studio focused on resolving problems to move the world forward. AI Fund builds new AI companies to bridge AI technology and critical applications.
As an early team member, you will work with the technology leadership team to shape the software strategy for our web application. You will be a sounding board and expected to help shape our product frontend and to deliver a responsive and elegant web application. This is a full-time remote role.
Here is What You Will Do:
- Own the development of the web frontend to the SpeechLab service.
- Collaborate with product design and with engineering and product leadership to refine the design for our initial product.
- Architect client-side UI components to support uploading of audio and video and rendering of editable text and export in a variety of formats.
- Discover and fix bugs.
- Test and validate the Web application for security and performance pitfalls.
- Validate and test compatibility across browsers, devices, and platforms.
Your Qualifications Include:
- Early startup experience is highly desired.
- Strong proficiency in React Component design and state management.
- Comfortable with a fast-moving agile development environment.
- Experience with AWS and/or Google Cloud platform.
- Experience interfacing with RESTful APIs and Websockets.
- Experience writing unit, integration, and UI tests and a strong ability to debug code that is reusable, testable, and efficient.
- Very knowledgeable of Data structures and algorithms.
- Passion to explore and use the latest development tools and platforms.
- BS or MS in computer science or related fields.
At Speechlab, we have a culture where ideas come from the bottom up! Ownership, trust, and support will be afforded to you in a setup that allows you to be yourself and add value like never before. You’ll receive a competitive salary package and stock, plus perks, with flexible and remote working hours. Social responsibility is something we believe in and regularly volunteer with our community partners with the full support of the company.