Freelance Client Service Manager
At Sterling, we create brands that make people think, feel and engage. Brands for today. We’ve done it for super heroes and super causes, organic farmers and information miners, bricks and mortar and digital destinations, cosmetics, condoms, and cornflakes – the tried and true and the disruptive trailblazer.
Our obsessively human-centric approach links every inspiration back to the consumer: their lives and passions, their habits and habitats. The result; is beautiful, inclusive, and effective solutions that make brands come alive and thrive.
Our focus is on consumer brands and their identity expressions on-pack, in-store, and online. We love creating the worlds brands live in and inspiring people to be part of them.
Sterling has an amazing culture of appreciation and celebrating team successes.
The Freelance Client Service Manager leads the day-to-day responsibilities for several NY-based clients, gaining alignment among internal teams and ensuring clients’ needs are being met at all stages. This role is primarily internal-facing.
- Understand the design and production process
- Schedule the appropriate resources to ensure project profitability as well as client satisfaction
- Develop comprehensive yet concise creative briefs based on client briefs/documents
- Collaborate closely with Strategy and Design to ensure the best quality work is created
- Assist Strategy and Design with creation of presentations
- Communicate with clients and co-workers – professionally, articulately and confidently
- Be proactive in exceeding client expectations, managing said expectations through ongoing dialogue and honest discussion
- Consolidate and streamline feedback, ensuring there is clarity around comments and feedback
- Create project proposals and addendums, and understand the financial implications of client requests
- Look for opportunities to add value to current clients and grow your business, organically
- 4+ years of working experience (excluding internships) at an agency – packaging experience a plus
- Excellent project management skills
- Highly detail oriented
- Both a proactive and responsive team player attitude – creating positive and collaborative relationships within the wider Sterling team
- The ability to create proposals / estimates and project plans
- Flexibility and adaptability to circumstances, with the capacity to think differently to deliver true difference
- The ability to understand brand and client needs, how they relate to the work we do, and the impact this has on a project
- Excellent organizational, written, and communication skills - with impeccable follow-through
- A creative brain, able to articulate creative and strategic concepts
- Compensation range is $35/hr to $50/hr
- This range represents the low and high end of the base salary an individual in this role may earn as an employee of Sterling Brands in the United States. Salaries will vary based on factors including but not limited to: professional and academic experience; training; associated responsibilities; other business and organizational needs; and geographic location (to account for comparative cost of living). Salary decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each hire.
We are a brand design consultancy based in NYC, San Francisco, and Cincinnati. For over 25 years, our design, strategy, and innovation teams have been working to bring brands to life across the entire ecosystem of experiences.