Business Intelligence Engineer
Rumby is rapidly growing our Strategy & Innovation Team and looking for an experienced Business Intelligence Engineer who will report directly to the Chief Strategy Officer (CSO). If you are passionate about translating data discoveries into analytical insights and developing narratives to support the strategic decisions of the executive team, then this may be a good fit for you. This role provides a unique opportunity to impact the way that our executives and board members understand the Rumby business, its trajectory, and the experiences of our customers and partners.
This is an opportunity to get into a rocketship company at a very early stage. Competitive salary and equity compensation ensures that your hard work and commitment will be directly rewarded as we build Rumby to be a behemoth in our industry!
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Work with Rumby’s CSO and Strategic Business Analyst to design and develop Rumby’s Business Intelligence capabilities.
- Work with Rumby’s product team to design and develop partner and customer insight capabilities inside Rumby products.
- Design and build Rumby’s central data warehouse, ETL capabilities, and Dashboards.
- Design reports to unlock insights that will give Rumby strategic, operational, and tactical insights.
- Partner with key stakeholders to dive deep into the technology and business challenges, in order to identify insights that will drive product and business strategy. The ideal candidate is curious and seeks out data to understand the business use cases and impact on SPS organization.
- Challenge assumptions and turn conjecture and anecdotes into data-supported facts.
- Partner and earn trust with internal business leaders to drive key business decisions.
A QUALIFIED CANDIDATE MUST HAVE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field required.
- 3+ years of Data Warehouse Experience with Oracle, Redshift, PostgreSQL, etc.
- 3+ years work experience with SQL, data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing.
- 3+ years work experience in maintaining data warehouse systems and working on large scale data transformation using AWS technologies, such as S3 and Redshift.
- 2+ years of coding experience in at least one modern programming language (Python, Ruby, Scala, Java, etc.).
- Experience in designing and delivering cross functional custom reporting solutions.
- Experience with Google Data Studio, or an enterprise class BI tool like Micro Strategy, Business Objects, Tableau or Oracle Business Intelligence.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines, multi-task, and prioritize workload
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects.
- A desire to work in a collaborative, intellectually curious environment.