Strategic Business Analyst
Rumby is rapidly growing our Strategy & Innovation team and looking for an experienced Strategic Business Analyst. If you are passionate about building business insights and translating them into optionality advice - then this may be a fit for you. In this role you will conduct business analysis in support of the executive suite. This role reports to the Chief Strategy Officer (CSO). This is an opportunity to get into a rocketship company at a very early stage. Competitive salary and equity compensation ensures that your hard work and commitment will be directly rewarded as we build Rumby to be a behemoth in our industry!
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Execute business analysis and produce timely and actionable reporting for executives and business units.
- Conduct strategic and investment analysis: product, M&A.
- Manage Business Intelligence development according to strategic priorities set by CSO and CEO.
- Work with the CSO to design and implement KPI aligned with incentives.
- Operate autonomously, collaborate across multiple teams to provide holistic points of view considering all relevant factors.
- State assumptions and identify biases.
- Act as a thought partner and domain expert supporting Rumby’s data-driven decision culture.
- Work with disparate data sources and systems to derive insights and communicate those insights in a way all stakeholders understand.
- Analyze performance trends across key strategic programs and synthesize into insights and actions.
- Brainstorm business opportunities with CSO.
- Influence stakeholders to support strategic projects.
- Assist with project management for selected projects
- Coordinate with different departmental teams to produce better business outcomes.
- Test business processes and recommend improvements.
A QUALIFIED CANDIDATE MUST HAVE
- Bachelor's degree with 5+ years experience in business analysis or advisory services required; OR an MBA with 3+ years in business analysis or advisory services required.
- 1+ years experience managing people.
- Experience with BI tools, knowledge of Google Data Studio.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in investment banking, private equity, venture capital or management consulting a plus.
- Familiarity with financial modeling a plus.