Sales & Marketing Associate
LOCATION: Cincinnati, OH
POSITION TYPE: Permanent, Full Time
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
REPORTS TO: CEO
ABOUT NETTIE: Nettie is a new woman-founded pickleball and outdoor recreation company aiming to bring joy, community, and great design to the fastest growing sport in America – pickleball! After two years of isolation, technology dependence, and societal divisiveness in the world, we need more ways to get outside and just play with each other. With backing from a spectacular group of investors and coverage in publications like The Drew Barrymore Show, Glamour, and Men’s Health, we have had incredible growth since launch in Fall 2021.
POSITION OVERVIEW: As the Sales and Marketing Associate at Nettie, you’ll work hand-in-hand with the CEO to support and enable Nettie’s fast growth. You will bring organization and order to ensure we can operate as efficiently as possible, while also bringing a creative mindset to make sure we keep the brand joyful and top-of-mind. You’ll help broaden Nettie’s reach by researching and forming collaborative partnerships (with brands, nonprofits, artists etc), building relationships with retail customers, and growing the organic community of Nettie consumers and ambassadors through marketing and customer service. You’ll be on the ground floor of a rapidly growing consumer products startup – with the chance to experience fast professional growth and increasing responsibilities.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- Sales: You’ll spend time researching and reaching out to wholesale prospects to sell Nettie products in gift shops, country clubs, and more. You’ll go to pickleball events, gift showcases, holiday markets, etc. to represent the brand.
- Sales Operations: You will provide materials, support, and messaging to our retail and wholesale partners to ensure sell-through of products across the country.
- Marketing + content strategy: Working closely with our CEO and a freelance digital marketer, you’ll help support strategy and execution across marketing channels - from email copy to social media content creation to press research.
- Partnerships: You’ll identify new collaboration opportunities with sports-adjacent brands, influencers, nonprofits, etc., and help make ‘em happen.
- Build from the ground up: As part of a small early-stage start-up, you’ll have the opportunity to come up with creative new ideas and bring them to life!
- Doing what you love: As Nettie grows, we want to foster time for this person to lean into skills of yours that you’re looking to hone in a professional context - if you’re a photographer, you may work on an innovative photography project, if you’re a graphic designer, we’ll dig into design projects, etc.
- Play pickleball! A huge perk of this role is getting the chance to play as part of the job – we will want you out in the community getting feedback, taking photos, representing the brand, and having fun!
- 2-4 years of prior work experience, with content creation and/or direct sales experience as a huge plus
- Proven track record of managing projects and making things happen, ideally those that required you to interact with customers and handle logistics and operations
- Experience working in fast-paced environments, with a proven track record of both taking initiative and being a team player
- Fluency in Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Klaviyo and other social media channels, with ability to create unique content
- Light graphic design and video editing skills preferred; familiarity with Canva, Illustrator, iMovie, and other tools to develop visual content helpful
- Love for and familiarity with outdoor sports and recreation.
- Desire for someone who has played pickleball before. (Will accept candidates who have never played – but we will want you to learn!)
- TO APPLY:
- Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered.
- In your resume or cover letter, please include any public social media channels. (If you don't have any public accounts -- that's totally fine).
- In your email, please use the subject line “Sales and Marketing Associate Application / [Your Name]”
Nettie seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply. BIPOC, women, and LGBTQ+ individuals are highly encouraged to apply. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We encourage you to apply as soon as you can. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.