Senior Software Engineer, Mobile
Physna is changing the way software interacts with the physical world. Our industry-leading geometric deep learning technology bridges the gap between physical objects and digital code. Thangs is a product of Physna and is the world's first geometric search engine and most powerful online community for 3D model creators. With more than 14 million indexed 3D models, Thangs puts groundbreaking tools and machine-learning capabilities in the hands of designers, engineers and enthusiasts around the globe.
Thangs gives creators access to powerful search, collaboration and AI-powered predictive tools that have never been available before in the world of 3D data. Free to join and easy to use, Thangs democratizes the world of 3D models and creates a global index of the physical world.
Physna is a Series B startup backed by Sequoia Capital, Tiger Global, Google Ventures, and Drive Capital. We are working on novel problems in a world experiencing rapid 3D adoption.
Our Thangs software engineers are developing the next-generation of 3D platforms that are already impacting the lives of millions of unique users around the world. Our products handle data at massive scale for a large, and growing user base. We recently shipped new apps on the App Store, and Google Marketplace developed with React Native. We love working with world class product managers and designers, extraordinary frontend engineers - but ultimately, we love building products that users love. We know our users, we interview our users, we eat our own Dog food.
You enjoy helping others grow, developing the next generation of leaders and you’re constantly learning. You’re an owner of your products and metrics. You lead engineers who inspire each other to do our best work. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and value strong team culture.
What We’ll Expect from You
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent directly relevant experience.
- 5 years experience in frontend or mobile engineering roles - developing and perfecting user experiences.
- Ability to operate effectively in autonomous cross-functional squads.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Experience working with a highly responsive, continuously releasing engineering team.
Nice to Have
- Significant experience with React Native, or native app development combined with TS/React skills
- Three.js or react-three-fiber experience
- Startup experience, from early stage through to high scale.
- Familiarity with public cloud services, preferably Google Cloud.
- Knowledge of REST API security concepts and practices.
- Experience with cloud based AI/ML and data warehouse technologies.
- Knowledge in the area of 3D/CAD/AR/VR.
- Comfortable with server-side web frameworks such as Node.js.
Why You’ll Like Working for Us
We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We cover health, dental and vision insurance premiums at 100% for the family. We believe in competitive and fair compensation, offer a 401k, provide a generous holiday and PTO schedule, and each team member receives a professional development budget.
We care about our culture. We believe in diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging. We believe in treating each other with kindness and respect. We are a culture of innovation, transparency, accountability, failing fast and learning quickly.