Sales Development Coordinator
Administration, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Friday, October 27, 2023
Flowspace is a software platform powering fulfillment for brands in ecommerce. Its OmniFlow software provides brand operators with the real-time visibility into inventory, orders, and fulfillment activity needed to control ecommerce operations across all channels. Integrated within a network of +130 fulfillment locations, Flowspace empowers hundreds of brands in DTC and retail to provide their customers with quick, seamless fulfillment and delivery.
Join us as we help brands in the $1T ecommerce market meet their customers’ post-purchase expectations in the real world. Flowspace is backed by Canvas Ventures, Moment Ventures, BuildGroup, Y Combinator, and other prominent angels.
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Business Development, this valuable team player will work towards efficiently and effectively qualifying all inbound leads for Flowspace. The Sales Development Coordinator (SDC) is the first meeting/impression for a potential Flowspace customer. This role is critical in managing and supporting one of the most important steps towards building the Flowspace relationship.
This role will collaborate with various internal teams, to ensure leads are appropriately managed, and valuable data is shared for market insight. The ideal candidate is someone early in their career that wishes to learn sales fundamentals, gain exposure to high performing teams, and be groomed for exciting promotional opportunities.
What You’ll Do:
- Field and screen inbound leads that come into Flowspace.
- Respond in a timely and efficient manner within the 2 business hour SLA, qualifying the lead and connecting them to their next step.
- Ensure successfully vetted leads are appropriately distributed to the correct seller. Ensure continuous follow up and tracking, via various communication modalities, (i.e. email, calls, text message) all the way through hand-off to sales.
- Utilize Salesforce to connect the potential lead to the appropriate Fulfillment Consultant.
- Maintain client tracking and provide recurring reports as requested
- Collect valuable data (i.e. customer, industry/market trends), contributing to the Marketing team strategy, supporting the overall branding outreach for Flowspace.
- Support outbound efforts, as needed, when available (i.e. building client lists, outreach for follow up).
Who We Are Looking For:
- 1+ year of sales/business operations/ sales experience in high-growth SaaS environment
- Ability to carefully listen to lead / brand details, and share valuable insight on the market and these customers, for marketing strategy.
- An acute communicator, that will ask the right questions in order to strategically and efficiently assess and verify the potential of a lead and apply next steps.
- Confident analysis and decision making abilities. This role follows a traditional script to help guide and break the ice between you and the incoming lead, but after a while, you will know exactly what the ideal Flowspace merchant looks like, and will be able to identify high potential qualifying details!
- Ability to navigate through various intake questions, redirecting and at times, explaining the Flowspace qualifying process to the potential lead.
- A team player that is committed to building a culture of inclusion and diversity, amongst both merchants, and employees.
- Direct experience in a related industry, e-commerce fulfillment/logistics, warehousing
- Bilingual ability
- Former experience in an entry level sales position
- Salesforce experience
Other Helpful Things To Know:
- You will be regularly required to use your hands / fingers to operate a laptop, and possess the ability to speak clearly throughout most of the day, managing conversations with customers and teammates.
- This is a 100% remote position. Employees must be able to successfully function in a virtual setting, including the ability to work with/ manage teams across various time zones, within reasonable expectations/ hours.
- Approx. 10% travel is required for employee team gatherings / conferences
- Must be able to successfully manage a variety of virtual technology tools, to communicate and work in a remote environment (i.e. Slack, Zoom, etc).
Join our team!
• Meaningful equity in a venture backed start-up. Everyone gets stock options!
• Competitive Salary
• Medical, vision, dental, and life insurance
• Flexible time off, plus a separate banks for sick time
• Paid parental leave
• Mental Health / Wellness benefits + discounts for certain programs
• Work From Home stipend, towards your home office
• 401K with matching
• A clear success path within the company. We want you to grow and lead with us!
At Flowspace, we know that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be, and we strive to hire and retain talent that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skill sets.
We are committed to equal opportunity employment and we take pride in encouraging diversity, equity, and inclusion across all of our teams, without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and religious grooming practices), sex, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, medical condition (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital, parental or registered domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, transgender status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Please note: We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless otherwise directed or approved by our HR, Recruiting Department. Please do not forward resumes to our hiring managers or offices. Flowspace is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications, that have not first been approved.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.