San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 17, 2023
Who we are:
Workhelix brings together cutting-edge research and comprehensive data to assess clients’ Generative AI opportunity.
What you’ll do:
As one of our pioneer engineers, you'll be working closely with our cross-functional team to implement robust software modules for our enterprise customers.
Our ideal candidate should have extensive knowledge in RESTful APIs, microservices, and understanding of continuous integration/continuous delivery methodologies. You'll be responsible for working on the server-side of our applications and formulating more efficient processes and resolving intricate technical challenges. Familiarity with the AWS suite of tools: EC2, Lambda, S3, and RDS, is also nice to have.
You will be a powerful ally supporting our software engineering efforts, ensuring smooth communication between front-end and back-end systems. Our small yet dynamic team depends on you to build solid foundations that enable smooth execution of code, pulling and modifying data, as per our requirements.
To excel in this role, you should possess a strong background in backend engineering and practical experience working with startups. You should be dynamic, and capable of managing multiple priorities in a dynamic work environment.
This is a full-time opportunity based in Los Angeles, San Francisco, or Philadelphia
- Developing scalable microservices and APIs
- Collaborating with front-end engineers to integrate user-facing elements with server-side logic
- Taking ownership of code quality by implementing unit tests and participating in code reviews
- Working closely with other teams to improve system consistency, availability and performance
- Architecting systems that meet current and near-term product goals, with strong attention to scalability and simplicity where possible
- Defining engineering best practices and workflows along with the rest of the team
- Keeping on top of the latest backend technologies to ensure we are always using the best techniques and toolsInterfacing with customers to understand requirements and provide technical solutions
- Implementing security measures and data protection settings following best practices
What You Must Bring:
- Proven experience as a Senior Backend Engineer
- Self-starter attitude comfortable working in an early-stage environment
- Proficiency in at least one back-end language (e.g., Python, Java)
- Experience with databases (like DynamoDB, PostgresSQL), web servers (such as Apache), and deployment systems (e.g., AWS, Kubernetes)Strong familiarity with AWS
- Understanding of RESTful APIs and microservices best practices
- Excellent communication skills to engage in-depth technical discussions with both the engineering team and business team
- Technical foresight in predicting and addressing potential issues in the tech stack
Nice To Haves:
- BSc in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a similar field; Master’s or PhD degree is a plus; or equivalent experience
- Experience with system architecture, design patterns, and scalable performance optimization
- Familiarity with continuous integration/continuous deployment tools and processes
- Understanding of data security regulations and best practices
- Strong project management and organizational skills
What You'll Get:
- Competitive compensation package and benefits
- Chance to learn and collaborate with some of the most famous researchers in the AI and digital economy space: Andrew Ng, Erik Brynjolfsson, Andy McAfee, and Daniel Rock
- The unique opportunity to help build a company, culture, and products from the ground up with a team that values healthy working practices
- A high-trust, high-autonomy work environment
At Workhelix, we stand committed to ensuring an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available without any discrimination. We appreciate diversity and believe it's critical to our success. Selection for employment will solely be based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We encourage all qualified individuals to apply.