Posted on Tuesday, May 23, 2023
Bearing is at the forefront of bringing AI to the maritime shipping industry, with a technology platform that combines real-world operational data and deep learning to streamline many aspects of ocean shipping - from reducing fuel consumption to optimizing market opportunities with greener operations. Bearing aggregates and analyzes data from multiple sources to provide actionable insights for fuel efficiency, optimal routing and vessel perfomance. Our team is made up of highly experienced AI engineers, mariners and tech industry veterans, and we’re backed by investment from AI venture and global maritime partners. We’ve launched our first product and have deployed Bearing across the fleets of several of the maritime industry’s premium international shippers as our customers.
We are recruiting an exceptional Product Manager to join our Product team. You have experience developing innovative software products for unique SaaS applications. You’re passionate about creating functionality and features that deliver commercial customers with outstanding value. You are skilled leading the development of compelling UX/UI and can demonstrate your portfolio of innovative products. You understand the dynamics of an early-stage technology startup, and solve challenges with creativity, confidence and collaboration.
This is US-based remote role.
Here is what you’ll do:
- Scope, define and document market and product requirements for UX/UI. Work closely with the design team to develop interface designs, curate feature requests, and resolution of bug fixes and tech debt to ensure focus and prioritization of team resources.
- Contribute to development of a product strategy and roadmap, and be able to articulate concepts into clear, actionable product plans for software development, UX/UI, quality, marketing and customer facing teams.
- Provide leadership to cross-functional scrum teams. Actively prioritize engineering efforts and manage sprints through Jira. Coordinate sprint planning and ticket creation. Work closely with engineering, design and customer support teams to actively manage team progress and ensure delivery of quality products.
- Engage directly with customers and strategic industry partners, develop a comprehensive understanding of their business and technical needs, and incorporate learning into products, features and planning.
- Cultivate market and competitive intelligence, assess industry trends, and conduct usability research to ensure products deliver formidable customer value.
- Represent the company as an industry expert and thought leader through industry events, tradeshows, webinars, panels and media.
- Strong skills and experience in research, design, test and deployment of innovative UX/UI applications.
- A track record of product leadership defining, developing and launching innovative SaaS enterprise products, technologies and commercial platforms.
- Exceptional interpersonal and time management skills, and a demonstrated ability to render customer needs into clear product requirements.
- Experience with Agile product management methodology and using it effectively to coordinate development resources.
- A passion for using technology to solve complex problems, and for driving product decisions with sound data and established success criteria.
- Comfortable working collaboratively and cross-functionally in both strategic and hands-on roles, inside the company and with external strategic partners and customer teams.
- Confident, calm leadership presence and excellent communication skills.
Nice to Haves:
- Prior company experience managing complex software products in the maritime, automotive, air or space industries.
- Experience developing AI-enabled products.
- Experience working with customers and teams from Asia and/or Latin America.
- Experience in a product leadership position at a Series Seed or Series A startup and helping that early-stage team scale.
At Bearing, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Bearing believes that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Selection for employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
See more open positions at AI Fund
Something looks off?