VP of Engineering
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Common Sense Privacy, a subsidiary of Common Sense Media, is seeking a VP of Engineering to lead and grow a software development team in the online privacy space. Common Sense has built trust with consumers, parents, and privacy advocates over the past 20 years. Common Sense Privacy expands upon Common Sense Media’s Data Privacy Program. Utilizing cutting edge AI, our SaaS platform helps companies manage privacy risk and differentiate themselves with our seal. Our vision is to create the new standard in data privacy and bring consumer interests in harmony with business requirements.
Common Sense Privacy recently closed a seed round that was led by Andrew Ng’s AI Fund. The VP of Engineering will report directly to the CEO.
Responsibilities For The Role Include:
- Lead and grow a team of software engineers, both in-house and remote
- Oversee the full software development life cycle, from design to deployment
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product management, to deliver high-quality, market-ready products
- Ensure that projects are delivered on time, within budget, and with high quality
- Develop and maintain a strong engineering culture and team dynamic
- Hire and manage remote contractors, agencies, and full-time employees
Requirements For The Role Include:
- 5+ years of full stack engineering experience
- Minimum of 3+ years in engineering management
- Previous experience in product management a plus
- Desire to join an early-stage, VC-backed company
- Experience using application frameworks such as Django, Ruby on Rails, etc.
- Familiarity with hosting and deploying applications on cloud providers (Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services, or Azure)
- Experience in building systems that leverage AI and development and maintenance of proprietary data models
- Familiarity with modern day PDLC frameworks such as Agile or ShapeUp
- Proven track record of shipping projects with product market and distribution fit, on time, and with high quality
- Experience managing remote teams and agencies
Common Sense Privacy offers a competitive compensation package and opportunities for growth. If you are passionate about online privacy and have a strong technical background, we encourage you to apply.
See more open positions at AI Fund
Something looks off?